Intern in the Silicon Valley of Europe
Emerging business psychology professionals seeking to position themselves in the global workforce and marketplace need to build intercultural communication skills and awareness, whether their focus is consumer psychology or organizational psychology. The USC Master of Science in Applied Psychology program affords students the opportunity to hone these skills in a Dublin internship placement.
The full-time summer internship in Dublin is eight weeks long and fulfills the program’s internship requirement. Interns are thoroughly prepared for the experience with career advising and development activities, and are matched individually to a placement with a Dublin company or organization. While abroad, students enroll in the online course USC Psyc 591 for faculty supervision of their internship experience.
A City of Opportunity
Sometimes referred to as the Silicon Valley of Europe, Dublin is a vibrant business city teeming with internship opportunities. The city is home to the European headquarters of giants such as Google, Facebook and Yahoo, but the scope of business goes far beyond the technology sector. Dublin is the engine that drives the Irish economy — the fastest growing national economy in Europe.
Areas for potential internship opportunities through the MS in Applied Psychology program include:
- Business administration
- Marketing and consumer insights
- Advertising and social media
- HR and talent management
- Research and data analytics
- Recruiting and talent acquisition
- Operational HR firm specializes in customized HR support and advice to companies that wish to offload the burdens, risks and time involved in human resources to an outsourced professional provider. The student would be mentored by the firm’s owner, who has more than 20 years of experience at a senior level in HR and seven years as head of HR for a multinational computer firm.
- Forward-thinking research and development hub within an integrated digital marketing and advertising agency seeks a market research intern. The chosen intern will research and compile documentation and be involved with building a global mobile app or helping to support a search media proposal with the team or support moderation on a Facebook competition app built for a major brand.
- International PR agency represents many of Ireland’s leading multinational and domestic companies as well as a number of nonprofit and public sector organizations. It strives to develop communications strategies that will distinguish its clients from their peers.
Dublin Means More Than Business
Dublin is alive with culture and activities that range from rousing to relaxing. It is truly a city with something for everyone. Take in a soccer match or visit St. Patrick’s Cathedral. Walk through Phoenix Park or tour the Guinness Storehouse. Explore charming neighborhoods, historic landmarks and of course the many pubs of Dublin.
The Online M.S. in Applied Psychology internship abroad is as much a cultural experience as it is educational or professional.
A Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
The USC summer internship program in Dublin can be a great way for students to grow personally and professionally. Visit https://appliedpsychologydegree.usc.edu/ to learn more about USC’s online Master of Science in Applied Psychology program.